Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Got the roof covered just in time!

Right now, the sound of rain falling tarps is the most beautiful sound in the world. 


I took another half-day off of work to make a final push on the garage and get the roof covered. I got the rest of the plywood that I had on hand put up on the roof and nailed off... still missing three sheets, but the tarps will cover that gap just fine on this steep of a roof. 

As I halfway expected when I started into the roof-building, the first drops in a forecast 10+ days of rain started falling just as I finished tacking the tarps in place. The actual roofing will have to wait until I get a nice long stretch of clear weather; at least now I can be out of the rain while I work on interior stuff and some areas of the wall sheathing, and the roof sheathing won't get trashed while I wait for the rain to clear.


No comments:

Post a Comment