Saturday, November 14, 2015

The wind is blowing and the rain is falling... I'm behind schedule and working hard to close it in...
Second floor deck in progress. This is a lot of work, but a net gain over conventional construction because it's a finished ceiling and finished floor all in one.

Yeah, I like the way this looks...

End of the day on Friday. I took half a day off to work on this while there was clear weather. I had a meeting with a contractor-client on Friday and mentioned that I was bummed that fall brought short days and limited time to work. He suggested setting up a couple of little reflectors with CFL lights to light up the area and using an LED headlamp to light up what I'm working on at the moment. Mind... blown... who would have thought of using electric lights to work after dark? Yes, that's sarcasm, and yes, I should have thought of this sooner.

It's mushroom season, and I came across a couple of fresh young boletes growing out of Diablo's roots. Yum!


Watch that first step! ...the floor deck is inching its way toward the stairs...

I was taking a break and I noticed this little guy tucked in a corner of the concrete wall. I wouldn't have thought such a long-legged spider could fit so tightly into this corner. 

I think I'm going to love our ceiling.

End of the day on Saturday. The first step after the stairs is far less sketchy now. I've passed the halfway mark... already looking forward to building some rafters!

Just some fun with the after-dark lighting.

Yeah, I think this concrete wall is awesome.

A shot from the front of the garage, Loving the way the light above brings out the wall texture.

I put in a long day today because it's supposed to be raining for the next few days. I covered everything securely in plastic sheeting at the end of the day and nailed it down securely. I'll be ready to hit the ground running again when good weather and time off coincide...

No comments:

Post a Comment