Sunday, May 24, 2015

Almost, almost, ALMOST done with the form building and readier than ready to pour some concrete. I am experiencing some serious form-building fatigue.
Finding beauty in the mundane... some may see this as a sticky mess; I see it as very young amber, and I appreciate the way the sunlight plays through it.

This board just happened to land on top of a piece of the wall rebar as I tossed it into place... I thought it was kind of funny and charming.

If I die like this, it would actually be kind of funny... balanced on the do-not-step at the top of my ladder with a drill in one hand, a camera in the other, and a mouth full of screws... what could possibly go wrong? I need to have a sit-down tailgate-safety-meeting with myself at the start of each work day. Seriously.

It's amazing, the stuff that nature comes up with. If you take a moment to appreciate the intricate beauty, you'll realize that this little guy is pretty incredible. First: how can something so slow and edible survive for thousands of generations? Second: this looks like a fly that one would use for fishing. Third: how can some random act of nature be this f***ing cute?

Getting closer...

...and closer...

...and closer. Almost done. The tactile sensation as I tie the forms together is very interesting. Very much like tightening the tuning knobs on a guitar... the resonance changes, the pitch goes up, and the whole thing feels tighter. I'll make sure my house is perfectly in tune before I pour the concrete. Nobody else may notice the difference, but I will. The final walk-through will be with my internal tuning fork dialed to extra-sensitive

Tapping and tightening until it's perfectly in tune.






No comments:

Post a Comment