Wednesday, March 25, 2015

More progress on the garage. Went out to receive another load of materials at lunchtime on Tuesday, then went out this afternoon to work on the retaining wall steel. Things are coming along nicely, but I still need to do a lot of form bracing and adjusting and get all of the steel and anchor bolts secured in place. I think with another full day of work I could get the rest of it wrapped up and ready to pour concrete.


The footing excavations were completely filled with water from the rains on Monday night. While I was waiting for the delivery truck to show up, I got out the pump out and emptied them, lest someone mistake them for wetland habitat and tell me I need to move the building! (only mostly joking on that one... mostly.)

More materials. This is the form material for the retaining wall. As the truck showed up, I realized he was planning to drop the plywood on the ground, and there was mud everywhere. I took about two minutes to cut up a few of the 2x4's with my chainsaw and build a pallet. 

I got most of the retaining wall vertical bars cut, bent, and installed this afternoon. Cutting and bending #5 bars with a manual bender is a lot of work; significantly more difficult than the #4 bars I used for the slab. 

Now the search is on for people with the time, willingness, and ability to help with the slab pour...


No comments:

Post a Comment